When it comes to color, there may be options in your closet that shouldn’t have made the qualifying race. Wearing the wrong color can make you ill. Sallow, ashen, and muddy complexions are all signs of color contamination. And the only protection against chromatic allergies is color composition cognizance, specifically, knowing your color category.
And you can start here:
If you find yourself stuck betwixt boxes, fear not, you may belong between.
The illustrated color wheel dynamically directs as we dye hair, tan skins, contact color eyes, or age. But to begin, it’s best to analyze our natural roots.
- Porcelain – Clear Winter, Springs, Light Summer
- Ivory – Springs, Summers, Soft Autumn
- Pink beige – Light Summer, Cool Summer, Light Spring
- Neutral beige/Asian – Soft Autumn, Deep Autumn, Cool Winter, Deep Winter
- Warm beige/Asian – Autumns
- Golden brown/Asian/Latin/African – Autumns or Deep Winter
- Cool brown/Asian/Latin/African – Deep Winter, Cool Winter
- Olive/Asian/Latin/African – Cool Winter, Deep Winter, Soft Autumn, Deep Autumn
- Clear blue green, turquoise or bright hazel – Clear Spring, Light Spring, Clear Winter
- Grey or soft blue – Summers
- Hazel, topaz, golden brown or warm turquoise – Warm Spring, Warm Autumn
- Soft hazel or turquoise – Soft Summer, Soft Autumn
- Dark brown or rich hazel – Deep Autumn, Deep Winter
Natural Hair Color
- Ash blonde – Light Summer, Light Spring
- Golden blonde, strawberry blonde or red – Warm Spring, Warm Autumn
- Light to medium brown – Light Spring, Light Summer
- Mousy brown -Soft Summer, Soft Autumn
- Medium brown – Clear Spring, Deep Autumn
- Medium to deep auburn – Deep Autumn, Deep Winter
- Chestnut to dark brown – Clear Spring, Deep Autumn, Deep Winter, Clear Winter
- Dark black – Clear Winter, Deep Winter, Deep Autumn
- Warm grey – Light Spring, Warm Spring, Soft Autumn, Warm Autumn
- Soft or ash grey – Light Spring, Light Summer, Cool Summer
- Salt & pepper or silver – Clear Spring, Winters, Cool Summer
Review the 12 options diagrammed below, and comment on your color category? Does it match up with your personal experience?
VIRTUAL COLOR CONSULTATION
Discover which colors flatter you most and which you might want to avoid. Completely virtual based on pictures and digital survey.
posted Filed Under: Color Theory 301 Comments