Jennifer Thompson was elected to the Board of County Commissioners in 2010.
- B.A. Political Science, University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- University High School.
- Small business owner since 2008.
Recognitions and Community Involvement
- Arts and Cultural Affairs Advisory Council, 2017, 2018.
- Arts and Cultural Affairs Blockbuster Committee, 2017, 2018.
- Central Florida Expressway Authority Board, 2017, 2018.
- Orange County Research and Development Advisory Board, 2011 - 2018.
- Vice Mayor, Orange County, 2012, 2018.
- MetroPlan Orlando, 2011 - 2018.
- Children and Family Services Board, 2012 - 2016.
- United Arts of Central Florida Board of Directors, 2011 - 2016.
- United Arts of Central Florida Executive Committee, 2015 and 2016.
- East Central Florida Corridor Task Force, 2013 and 2014.
- Women of Distinction Nominee in Government and Business categories by the Girl Scouts Citrus Council, 2009.
- Member, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, 2006 and 2009.
- Walt Disney World 39.3 Mile Goofy Challenge Finisher, 2009 and 2010.
- Walt Disney World Marathon Finisher, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, and 2014.
- Avalon Park Rotary Club, Honorary Member, 2009 to current.
- Chair, Metro Orlando Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, 2009.
- Chair, Lake Nona Relay for Life, 2009.
- Board Member, Florida Executive Women, 2009.
- Graduate, Political Leadership Institute, 2008.
- Graduate, Tillie Fowler Excellence in Public Service Series, 2008.
- Member, Florida Executive Women (former).
- Member, UCF Town & Gown, 2005 - current.
- Steering Committee Member – Boy Scouts Golden Eagle Dinner, 2008 and 2009.
- Steering Committee Member – Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk, 2008.
- Cancer Advocacy Chair – East, Lake Nona & Conway Relay for Life Events, 2008.
- President, East Orlando Chamber of Commerce, 2003 - 2005.
- Board Member, East Orlando Chamber of Commerce, 2001 - 2008.
- Founding Co-Chair, East Orlando Relay for Life, 2003 and 2004.
- Chair, Florida Hospital East Orlando Foundation Board, 2005.
- Florida Hospital East Orlando Foundation Board, 2003 - 2010.
- Non-Rotarian of the Year (East Orange County), 2003 and 2004.
- Co-Author, East Orlando Visioning Study, 2003.
- Nominated for ‘Women Who Mean Business’ by Orlando Business Journal, 2004.
- Orlando Business Journal’s 2005 Businesswoman of the Year under the age of 40 (nominated again in 2008).
- Born in Winter Park – raised in Central Florida.
- Resident of Avalon Park in East Orange County.